Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Why should I be blogging about food?

Well, I'm not a chef and I don't claim to be an expert about food.  I DO however, watch a lot of The Food Network, try to cook and bake interesting food and LOVE to eat.  I grew up in Los Angeles, went to college in Burlington, Vermont and graduate school in Massachusetts.  I've eaten a some pretty amazing restaurants all over the world and now find myself in the North Country.  If you don't know where the North Country is, it's the very top of New York State - no, not Buffalo, although that does also border Canada.  Think about where Syracuse is, and then draw a line 2 hours north of that - that's where I live.  I live about 20 minutes from the border with Canada and about an hour and a half south of Ottawa - the closest major city.  If you think I'm surrounded by farms and cows, you'd be right.  I actually now live on a dairy farm - what a far way I've come from going to dinner and the theater in Los Angeles after a day at the mall!  I am on a mission to find great food here in the North Country - where many from the major cities (like I once was) probably think all we eat is white bread and fried foods.  My goal is to go to as many of the local restaurants as possible and give you (if anyone is out there) an impression of what I thought of the restaurant.  We may take some side trips to Ottawa, the Thousand Islands region, Lake Placid or even farther, or even rave about a great recipe I tried right here at home.  Some restaurants have seasonal menus, so we will try to go back and try them as they change or try different meals - Sunday brunch is a fave!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment